iso [i, saw] blue

Photo by Out Of Focus | Title - Blue My Mind Off - Vertorama
f11.0 | focal length : 11mm | ISO 100 | shutter speed : 30 seconds | flash : not fired


| Description |

So there I was, stuck in my room in Amsterdam. The sky was gloomy, the day was wet. There is nothing much to do when you're stuck in your room all day but watch television, dreaming about your wife and son back home.

The day was about to end when suddenly iso [i, saw] a ray of sunlight breaking its way through my bedroom window. 'Sunlight!!!' I screamed! And just in the nick of time. I had just enough time to pack my gear and stormed out of my hotel.

I had a place in mind for the blue hour, which is just after the sunset, that I had seen a few trips ago. It'll take me 20 minutes to get there if I walk, 15 if I run, and if you know me by now, I ain't running. Hehe!!

By the time I got there the sun had set, enough time to set my camera. But then..

Darn..

The whole place was under construction. Ladders, platforms and all types of machinery surrounded the building I wanted to shoot. I had a few minutes left to think.. Think dude!! Think!!

So this time I did run.. to the only closest place I could think of.. which was this. I still caught the blue hour, but I only wish the subject was better.

| Photographer said.. |

Have you ever tried taking photos during the blue hour? It's really beautiful especially when there is abit of clouds in the sky. You should try it. I didn't do much (talking about the blue sky) with this photo, just increased the saturation abit.

If you don't believe me, try it. Take one just outside your window as an experiment. Kalo kan solat dulu agatah, sampat tu. Just make sure you whack the aperture to its smallest (f22 for me) and the slowest shutter speed. Set you ISO to the lowest value your camera can get to have the least amount of noise. You can see straight from your view finder that the sky really is blue.

Let me know if you post one. I'm sure I'll be impressed.

Thanks for the comments on my previous posts. Click here for my Vertorama tutorial

0 comments:

Post a Comment