iso [i, saw] the sky on the ground

Photo by Out Of Focus | Title - Reflections - Vertorama
f9.0 | focal length : 11mm | ISO 100 | shutter speed : 1/160 | flash : not fired


| Description |

oXp and I started talking about Vertorama the other day. Other than the fact that you can have a lot more features in one photo without having to stand hundreds of miles away, he told me that if you merge two photos with different exposures, one for the ground and one for the sky in this case, you can have a photo that's not over or under exposing the different areas. It made sense so I decided to have a go at it.

Alas, luck was not on my side today. Last night after experimenting on stars (see last post), I've forgotten to reset the auto focus back on my camera. Over 30 shots were completely ruin except for this one of the lake. The sky was.. okay.. but I could still see that there was something not quite right. Lesson learnt? Switch back to auto as soon as you're done.

Since I was eager to try it out, I thought why not..

I didn't go flat out o this so don't start picking out the flaws. I just wanted to see if it worked and I pretty much think it did.

Enjoy oXp.. Waiting for yours soon.. Heh heh..
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment